French antique medals / medallions on a velvet covered display card for travelling salesman. Would look fantastic framed on a wall.
This specific card has 28 embossed metal medallions that are usually placed on another object such as a Holy water font. The all have one small hole on each side to be nailed.
Some of them are very unusual and not found often!
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart - Notre Dame de Benoite-Vaux (Benoite Vaux is a small pilgrimage place in the east of France, near Verdun) - Our Lady of Chartres, of Boulogne, of La Salette and Our Lady of Laghet - St Geneviève, patron of Paris - more traditional representations of Our Lady, Jesus, Bernadette and Lourdes, St Therese and Lisieux. - St Francois de Sales, Joanna Fransisca Chantal and Martin de Porres (from Peru)
Some medallions are signed. Some are in English or Spanish
Traces of time and use on the metal as can be seen in the photographs (dark spots). I have lightly dusted the cards as the medallions are just glued to the material. I didn't attempt any polishing.
There is a label at the back that indicates this board was manufactured by J. Balme in Saumur. This company still exists but was founded in 1833. This is board number 15 and was placed in suitcase 3.
Very unusual object that would really look great in a box frame! I have several other cards in my shop so look at my other listings!
41.6 x 27 cm / 16.14 x 10.6"
The pictures are part of the description.
Import duties and taxes are the buyer's responsibility.
Thanks for visiting Cabinet de Merveilles! **************************************************************
- Everything is sent with a tracking number. We post everything within 3 working days. Everything is packaged safely with sometimes recycled material.
- If a parcel arrives damaged, it is the buyer's responsibility to file a complaint immediately with the delivery service. Any insurance is void unless this is done at delivery time.
- We can’t predict how long Customs may hold on to items for inspection.
- We don’t make a penny from P&P and we charge you what the post service charges us!
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- If there is anything you are unsure about or if you need further information about an item to re-assure you please ask before buying. We aim to provide as much information as possible and make our listings as accurate as we can.
- Refunds are only for the item price and not for shipping costs and will be issued when we get the item back. Re-importing costs will be deducted.
- If a returned items is received damaged the loss in value will be deducted.