Because of restrictions on insect specimen imports in certain countries, I only ship within the EU. Amazing antique box of mounted moths / butterflies. Perfect for Lepidopterology and Entomology! the box is wood with a hinged glass cover. The butterflies are pinned, not glued, to proper mounting board at the base. This is one of a number of different butterfly boxes I have for sale- please look at the rest of my shop! These are all from the same collection.
Some of the butterflies have name tags, though occasionally these have a "?" on them! Most of the butterflies are undated but some also have dates which range from the 1944 to 1974. We are not expert enough to know if names match the butterflies. Box is not branded but comes from the same collection as the others we have for sale from Deyrolles and Boubée (same dates and locations for the butterflies).
The box is intact with only some mild scuffing from storage at the corners. The glass is firm and uncracked. The butterflies have all been mounted properly. Condition of the individual insects themselves varies but as far as we can tell they seem broadly intact, though we would not expect all to have full sets of limbs or antennae. Please note that many of the butterflies were pinned in the 1940s and so the pin or body parts may fall in transit to you. Also, the boxes do not currently have loops or rings for wall hanging, though this could easily be added.
Its very rare to find a box in condition this good. This is must for collectors as well as anyone with an interest in natural history!
Measures: 38.9 x 25.8 x 5.5 cm / 15.3 x 10.1 x 2.2 inches
The pictures are part of the description.
Import duties and taxes are the buyer's responsibility.
Thanks for visiting Cabinet de Merveilles! **************************************************************
- Everything is sent with a tracking number. We post everything within 3 working days. Everything is packaged safely with sometimes recycled material.
- If a parcel arrives damaged, it is the buyer's responsibility to file a complaint immediately with the delivery service. Any insurance is void unless this is done at delivery time.
- We can’t predict how long Customs may hold on to items for inspection.
- We don’t make a penny from P&P and we charge you what the post service charges us!
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- If there is anything you are unsure about or if you need further information about an item to re-assure you please ask before buying. We aim to provide as much information as possible and make our listings as accurate as we can.
- Refunds are only for the item price and not for shipping costs and will be issued when we get the item back. Re-importing costs will be deducted.
- If a returned items is received damaged the loss in value will be deducted.